Exothermic Welding Accessories Required for Exothermic Welding Process:
1) Graphite Mould for having Exothermic Welding
When making a copper wire connection of Ground rod or other metal connection, place the Welding powder into the graphite mould. Just ignite to start the Weldinging process. The result will be clean and smooth connection surface. It is also applicable for other metal such as: Iron, Galvanized Steel, Railway track, Cast Iron, Bronze, and Brass. It can be used in various applications to have the certainly good connections in work. Such as Lightning and Surge Protection, Grounding in Electrical Work, Railway Construction, Cathodic Protection.
The connection mould is designed to last for an average of 60 to 100 connections. This will vary according to the care given the mould during use.Graphite mould is made of high quality graphite suitable for high quality Weldinging work and can be used for several times.
- Dimensional accuracy as per the customers demand.
- High quality Graphite which ensures Longer Life.
2) Mould Handle Clamp (Universal)
For most connections involving lugs, cable or rectangular bus, exothermic handle clamps are used.
These will fit 90% of all standard exothermic molds. Normally we recommend One Handle for every two moulds
These are manufactured by the professionals using high quality raw material. These Mold Handle Clamp conform their adherence with the industry standards.
- Light in weight (Nearly 1.5 to 2.0 Kg)
- Handy in nature
- Tare used for two part molds
3) Steel Metal Disk
Steel discs are very important. The disc acts timing device to allow the Weldinging powder to heat
to proper temperature. Steel Disk is designed to contain the exothermic reaction to the upper crucible of a mold
until the reaction is complete and ready to Welding. One Metal is must for every shot
- Depressed center
- Medium hard bond
- High speed rotation
4) Exothermic Welding Powder
Exothermic Welding Powder is the most reliable and consistently-performing Welding metal available with us.
Quality validation steps are taken for every lot we produce. Upon final acceptance, our Welding metal is
specially packaged in moisture-resistant plastic cartridges with special closure caps. Then the cartridges
and required metal discs are packaged in moisture-resistant boxes.
Our standard packing for Weldinging powder is the following -
Firstly Weldinging powder is in the tube and starting powder / Ignite Powder is in tube at the bottom of
Welding powder as shown in diagram
Moisture Free Packing in Foil
All sizes of Welding metal are available.
Standards Size Packing available are – 15 Grams, 25 Grams, 45 Grams, 65 Grams, 90 Grams, 115 Grams, 150 Grams, 200 Grams, 250 Grams
- High quality products at Affordable prices
- High performance
5) Ignite Powder (Starting Powder)
Ignite Powder is also known as Starting Powder and is required and is must. Sprinkle little Starting Powder on the Mould followed
by the Exothermic Welding powder and again sprinkle it little on the Top Side of Mould. Than Ignite starting powder with a spark gun.
This results in exothermic reaction and the Welding powder melts to molten copper alloy. The molten copper alloy melts the
retaining disc and flows into the Welding cavity where it partially melts the conductors.
Ignite Powder of 2-4 grams is sufficient
for this Process.
- High quality Ignite Powder with Fast Ignition ability.
Gloves is required for safety purpose as the Exothermic Welding Powder melts at more than 1400 degree Celcius.
We recommend a Pair of Gloves for Every 150 Joints
- High quality Gloves that can easily bear heat upto 400 degree Celcius which is more than enough to Hold the Mould.
7) Flint Gun
It is designed with the advantages of safety and convenience. It is used to ignite Starting Powder in order to result in exothermic reaction.
We recommend one Flint Gun for every 100 Shots
8) Brush (Soft and Hard)
Two Brush Required:
1) Soft Brush – Its used to Clean Mould Welding Cavity because its shape is very sensitive and there should not be any
damage while using Brush, so we recommend to use Soft
2) Hard Brush – Its used to clean other section of Mould
We recommend a Pair of Brush for 50 Connection
9) Slag Removal Tool
It is used to remove the metal Scrap from Mould after the Welding Process is done.
We recommend One Slag Tool for Every 200 Joints
10) File Card
It is used to clean the objects to be Weldinged.
We recommend One Slag Tool for Every 100 Joints
11) Sealing Compound
Sealing Compound is used to fill the gap on the mould where the conductor is passing
We recommend 1 Kg Sealing Compound for Every 100 Joints
12) Flame Torch
Graphite absorbs moisture from weather. So there is a need for propane torch to dry out the inside of the mould
thoroughly on both sides, therefore heating the mold to approximately 250 degrees Fahrenheit
We recommend using one Flame torch for Every 200 Joint and than use the refiling
Product Features For Exothermic Welding:
- Safe operation, without professional technology knowledge or any other special protection, easy to learn.
- Without external energy, very simple tools and equipment, execution of high efficiency.
- Connector in copper of high purity, strong corrosion resistance.
- The connector to be formed in metal bonds, not loose.
- Current carrying capacity of the connector is greater than that of wire connector.
- Widely applied , can be used for copper to copper, copper to steel, welding between copper and galvanized steel and other metal materials.
- Connectors can withstand multiple large inrush current impact without degradation.